Monday, January 31, 2011
When January hit I wanted to be a bit more productive in my sewing area. I have not been able to get anything organized as I had no place to really stack material anymore so it was jammed (yes, I do mean jammed) in every little area I could find. I decided I needed to be able to see what material (especially the big yardage 3 yards and over)I had and be able to see it. I went to one of the local quilt stores and asked for their empty bolts. I have brought them home and started to wrap the larger yardages onto the bolts. I made hubby help me with one of the closets and have made an area for the bolts to go. I have 40 bolts on the bottom 35 plus on the middle and just a few sacked on the top. I need more empty bolts to finish off the closet. Then I have two storage units that i will clean out and fill next. I probably have another 40 or so materials to still put on bolts then I have to organize the material that is less than three yards. I have already done most of my fat quarters. I have two big containers that they are folded nicely and stacked. When have to get a photo of that another day.
Did you notice the quilts on the shelf.
These are finished tops and are waiting to be quilted. This is just one small stack. Yikes. I need a place to sandwich these darn things so I can get to quilting.
I did get to do some fun things today. I was able to cut out most of another quilt to get working on plus spent some time quilting charity quilts. I was able to finish one and get the binding attached. Now to sew it down. I was also able to get started on the quilting of a second one. Hopefully I will be able to work a little bit on it tomorrow. Guild is Thursday night and I would like to have at least one finished to turn in. Not sure if I can get a second one completed by then.
Well, it is almost midnight again and I am tired. Happy Quilting to all. Paula
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Does this look familiar? Remember the blocks laying in the middle of my floor? Well, those blocks are not a quilt top. I finished putting it all together.
I was able to go to Thimble Towne and find a Christmas print (on sale) for the back. Now to get the back made and get it sandwiched.
I am now up to 24 quilt tops that need to be sandwiched and quilted. Yikes......will I ever get caught up?
Thanks for stopping by. Happy Quilting, Paula
I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO FINISH MY MYSTERY QUILT TOP. I HAD TO PURCHASE THE GREEN MATERIAL TO STOP THE PATTERN AND LET YOUR EYES REST BEFORE ADDING THE BORDER.
IT TOOK ME A COUPLE OF TRIES BEFORE I FOUND THE RIGHT COLOR. I WAS GOING TO USE PINK BUT COULD NOT FIND THE CORRECT COLOR.
NOW TO GET IT QUILTED. THAT IS WHERE I ALWAYS HAVE A PROBLEM AS I HAVE NO ROOM AT HOME TO STRETCH IT OUT SO......I HAVE TO FIND TIME AND AN EMPTY SPOT AT THE QUILT STORE TO BE ABLE TO SANDWICH IT.
I have never made prairie points but I am thinking about adding them as the last border after I have quilted it. Just something else to try.
Thanks for dropping by. Happy Quilting, Paula