Click here For E-Mail Updates

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, April 1, 2011

Something new

At the Orange Blossom Quilt Guild a few ladies are doing a Calendar Wall Hanging challenge. It is a 12 month challenge. We did not start until March but I have my first two made. The first one is March. It is the bird house. Since this is my first try making wall hangings and applique etc. I really learned a lot from my first one. Do not quilt it before adding the applique pieces was one error. (I told you it was my first). I did better on the second one. This is the Month of April I am really happy with how this turned out. There are a lot of firsts on this quilt. See the yarn on the umbrella. That was a first for me. I had never tried couching before. I was very happy with how it turned out. My next first was the type of quilting I did on parts of the quilt. I wanted it to look like wind blowing around. I liked how it turned out for a first try.
My next first was the beads I added onto the rain drops. I used two different types of beads. One was translucent and the other more a silver. The photo does not show them well but I know they are there.


I am really happy how this turned out. On to May next.


Thanks for stopping by. Happy quilting, Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment